I always save egg cartons because they are great to make kids crafts. This one is super fun!
- Egg cartons;
- Foam board, cardboard, or any old box.
- Craft sponge or brush;
- Polyester fiber fill, cotton/felt balls, or pompoms;
- Twine or any string (any color);
- Washable kids’ paint;
- Multipurpose glue.
- Paint the bottom of the egg carton to make the shamrocks. Cut individually after dry and glue them together 3 by 3. After glue dries, attach them to the twine/string by making a small hole to each side of the top shamrock. I added some glitter to the shamrocks just for fun.
- Cut other parts of the egg carton you think you can play with, making shapes and/or several small pieces. Set them aside.
- Draw and cut a rainbow shape on the foam board/cardboard/box. Punch 2 holes on it’s top where you’ll pass the twine/string to make a hanger.
- Glue the polyester fiber fill/cotton/pompoms to the bottom part of the rainbow to create the clouds. Then glue the pieces of egg carton on the rainbow’s surface as you wish and let it sit for a while to dry. (Note: You can use hot glue if you want it to dry quickly, but I don’t recommend it if you do this craft with kids.)
- After it’s completely dry, dab paint your rainbow with washable paint. I chose regular rainbow colors, but you can use any colors you want. Wait for it to dry completely and it’s ready to hang.
Have fun and happy St. Patrick’s Day!